Your spiritual, learning, and caring community.
Upcoming Events & Special Announcement
Young Israel of Brookline Annual Gala 2018
Shabbat, June 22nd & 23rd: In celebration of the Young Israel of Brookline and in honor of the 2018 Gala, we have planned an incredible Shabbat of singing, learning, and celebration at YIB! Join us this Shabbat to listen, sing, and be inspired with our beloved Yamim Noraim chazzan, Avrumi Flam, who will lead us in beautiful davening and singing at:
- Kabbalat Shabbat (Friday after 6:30 PM Mincha)
- Mussaf Shabbat morning davening (8:45 AM)
- Special Zemirot at Seuda Shlisheet (after Mincha at 7:35 PM)
- Kumzits with The Havdala Band (THB) shortly after Maariv Saturday night (approximately 9:30 PM)
- Plus special songs dedicated to the honorees at the Gala on Sunday.
We also look forward to special shiurim on Shabbat dedicated to our Gala honorees, Davida & David Zimble and Debbie Cohen, exploring the themes of “Journeys” in Halacha, Tanach, and Jewish Thought.
Come learn and enjoy:
- Immediately after davening Shabbat morning: Rabbi Joseph Polak, "Against Interpretation: The Case for U'M'pinei Chata'einu"
- Following Kiddush Shabbat morning: Jessie Zimble, "The Halachic Journey of Female Inheritance".
- Shabbat afternoon at 6:45 PM: Eli Zimble, "Halacha and Modernity: The International Date Line in Halacha"
- Seuda Shlisheet: Special Divrei Torah from Rabbi Hellman to accompany the Chazzan’s zemirot.
Sunday, June 24th, 1:00-5:00 PM: Please join us for a special Yom Iyun, a Day of Learning, centering around the theme of “Journeys,” celebrating our Shul Community and honoring Davida & David Zimble and Debbie Cohen. Gala events will be happening all weekend, featuring a variety of Torah and learning opportunities as well as beautiful davening and singing, beginning on Shabbat, as well as at the Gala Event on Sunday, with keynote speaker, Rabbi Daniel Feldman, Rosh Yeshiva, Yeshiva University, Rabbi Of Cong. Ohr Saadya, Teaneck, and author of “False Facts and True Rumors: Lashon Hara in Contemporary Culture.” Break-out sessions will be led by Rabbi Zalman Leff, Professor Neil Hecht, Rabbi Dr. Nehemia Polen and Ms. Karyn Spero. We look forward to celebrating a memorable weekend together! For more information or to register, click here or on the link at the top of the page. Ads submitted at this time will be included in the online version to go live on Monday, June 25th. Please note the printed version is closed to further ad submissions. Thank you very much for your support!
Yoetzet Halacha Sarah Cheses
We are delighted to introduce Sarah Cheses, the first Yoetzet Halacha serving the Greater Boston Community under the auspices of the newly founded New England Yoetzet Halacha Initiative (NEYHI).
Sun. 6/17/2018 - Fri. 6/22/2018
Earliest time for Tallit & Tefillin 4:02 AM
|Sunday||7:15, 8:00 & 9:00 AM|
|Monday||6:20 & 7:20 AM|
|Tuesday||6:30 & 7:30 AM|
|Wednesday||6:30 & 7:30 AM|
|Thursday||6:20 & 7:20 AM|
|Friday||6:30 & 7:30 AM|
|MINCHA / MAARIV|
|Sunday through Thursday|
|Mincha 8:10 PM Maariv 8:35 PM|
Shabbat Chukat 6/23/2018
|Plag: Mincha||6:30 PM|
|Plag: Candle Lighting||After 6:49 PM|
|Zman: Candle Lighting||8:06 PM|
|Zman: Mincha||8:10 PM|
|Shacharit||7:00 & 8:45 AM|
|Sof Zman K'riat Sh'ma||8:57 AM|
|Pre Mincha Shiur||6:40 PM|
|Mincha (earlier than Luach)||7:40 PM|
|Seuda Shlisheet||8:00 PM|
|Shabbat Concludes||9:10 PM|